Friday, August 20, 2010

Sew and Tell Friday - Doll Quilt all finished!

I am happy to report that I have a finish to report for this week's Sew and Tell Friday!

I finished my Doll Quilt Swap 9 quilt!  And I have to say, I think it turned out beautifully!

DQS9 - All done!

I decided to use a black and white Kei honeycomb dot for the binding. I think it sets off the rainbow of colors in the quilt nicely!  The label is already attached and it is ready to go to its owner. I just need to add a few little goodies to my package before I mail it out!

In other swap news, I've started working on my projects for the Urban Home Goods Swap!

My first project I've got planned is a set of placemats.  I'm imagining the background in Kona Ash, with a strip of white somewhere along the placemat, with a pretty little embroidery on the strip.  As you can see from my picture below, we've got some Orla Kiely inspiration going on here.  I used one of her lovely designs and created the drawing I'll be using for the embroidery.  I hope it turns out like I'm envisioning in my mind!

Urban Home Goods Swap idea

I'm hoping to get some work on these done tomorrow at the modern quilt guild sew-in I'll be attending! Can't wait, I'm so excited!  Hopefully I'll be back soon with pictures of lots of progress to show.

4 comments:

teaginny said...

The doll quilt is perfect, and the binding was a great choice. Can't wait to see the placemats!

Leslie said...

i love this quilt. it looks amazing

Larri said...

Sweet quilt! I love how the black/white frames your quilt. Very nice! Stopping over from Sew & Tell. Happy Sewing! :o)

www.seamsinspired.com

Kristen said...

This looks amazing! LOOOVE it!