Sunday, August 15, 2010

Catching up!

I need to catch you all up on what I've been doing over the last two weeks.

First up, in my last post I showed the hexies I had made for the Handsome Hexie swap over on Flickr.  In addition to the hexies I posted, I also made a cute hexie holder for my partner.  I combined the gathered clutch pattern over at Noodlehead, with the cute hexie holder tutorial at Comfortstitching.

Here's my hexie holder.  Cute, isn't it?

Handsome Hexie Swap - holder front

Handsome Hexie Swap - holder inside

And everything all together!

Handsome Hexie Swap

I have also been working on my quilt for the Doll Quilt Swap 9.  You may remember this post about my start to the quilt, the pink and grey spiderweb.  Well, I abandoned that project.  It was just taking forever and I knew I wouldn't be able to get it done before the deadline without completely forgoing any and all other projects, and I didn't want to do that.  So I went another route.  Based on my partner's preferences, I thought s/he might like something like the Colorwheel Quilt from Last Minute Patchwork and Quilted Gifts.  So I used my dresden plate template ruler to make a giant dresden plate color wheel. I think it turned out great!

DQS9 - Take 2

I did simple quilted lines 1/4" on either side of the stitching line between wedges, and a circle around the center.  From the back it looks like a sun and its rays.  Simple, but I love it.

DQS9 - Take 2 - Back

Now I just need to finish up the binding and label, get a few little other things together for the package, and I'm done!

Now I am off to work on a pincushion for a swap at next week's meeting of the local modern quilt guild. I've never made a pincushion before!  A first time for everything...

3 comments:

Leslie said...

that dresden is gorgeous...and your hexie holder could not get any cuter

teaginny said...

The clutch with the hexes is adorable! I want one, now!

Meghan said...

I just love that Hex holder its super cute