Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Stash, Squares, and Shows!

Gosh, I just can't manage to get myself over here to post on a regular basis, can I.  So lame.

I have a few pictures and some exciting things to share.

First, some recent stash enhancement.  Moda's Hunky Dory line. I freaking love this fabric.

Hunky Dory

I just feel compelled to buy it. I already have some more yardage on its way to me as well.  And if I can find some more yardage of that blue flowered print on top, I'm going to snatch it up. I just love it!  I am planning on using the layer cake to make a quilt top using this technique from Oh Fransson!  I have been wanting to try the crazy 9-patch tutorial, and I've been wanting to make something with this fabric, so I'm going to dive in. Soon!

But first, I've been working on getting my fabric ready for my upcoming month in the local modern quilt guild's quilting bee!  Our next meeting is this Saturday, and I've got to hand out my fabric.  So I've been a busy little bee cutting away.

I've decided to ask the members to make me this block:

Bee block

Isn't it awesome?  It was fun to make, but it takes a while. I hope the ladies in the quilt guild don't kill me because it's complicated.

Here's my stack of all the printed fabrics I'm giving out, nicely cut and waiting to be divvied up:

Bee block fabrics

I can't wait to hand it all out, and see the blocks I get back!

In other exciting news, the AQS quilt show starts here in Knoxville tomorrow!  And I am going! I took the day off of work and will be meeting a group of the modern quilt guild members tomorrow morning for a day of fun shopping and quilt gazing.  I can't wait! I've only been to a small, local show, never a big one, so I am very much looking forward to it.

Also, this Saturday's meeting of the modern quilt guild isn't a regular meeting, it's an all day sew-in! We are going to be working mostly on charity projects with some donated fabric, and I am really looking forward to an entire day of sewing with like-minded people!

What a fun, fabric-filled week!  Hopefully I'll be back soon with a report from the quilt show and maybe some nice things I found while there!

3 comments:

Leslie said...

the hunky dory is gorgeous...i love the colors. your block is amazing...it looks hard!

Miss Emily D. said...

ooo...that block looks fun! I can't wait to give it a go - definitely a little complicated - but so rewarding! Just wanted to share this link with you - a Spoonflower cheater print made by someone who LOVES FMF. I think you can totally see it in the cheater print!

http://www.texasfreckles.com/2010/07/can-you-believe-it-i-won.html

Had a great time at the market! Look forward to working on your block!

Stephanie said...

Hey Jenn---I love Hunky Dory too..bought a charm pack, but may have to get more! It's so pretty!

Can't wait to work on your block--it looks so cool! Great to see you at the Quilt show---we got behind! LOL Can't wait til Sat!