Monday, April 18, 2011

Hello bandwagon, room for one more?

Holy cow, a month and a half since my last post?  What the heck happened?  I have no idea.  I'm sorry!

Anyway, last week, I, along with half of the online quilt blogging/Flickr community, had a collective freakout when we realized fabric designer extraordinaire Denyse Schmidt had released a new line of fabric at Joann Fabrics, of all places.

I gathered up my coupons like a good little shopper and hightailed it over there on Friday, after some of my lovely modern quilt guild buddies let me know that the fabric had arrived.

On my first go around, I picked up this lovely stack of my favorite prints out of the bunch.

DS Quilts fabric

Aren't they pretty?

Then I gathered up some more coupons and headed back over today to pick up a few more of the prints.

More DS Quilts fabric

I still don't have all the prints, but at this point I think I have all the ones I like.

And while I was there today, what else did I find?  Some lovely Alexander Henry Farmdale prints!  The aqua blossom print is one of my absolute favorite fabrics of all time, so I splurged and bought a whole bunch.  I don't ever want to run out of this fabric!

Farmdale

So, yes, I have been stashing fabric, but not doing a whole heck of a lot of sewing.  I do have one more finished quilt to show, plus another quilt top and back ready for basting and quilting, but I need to get some pictures.  Soon!

And this time, I promise it won't be another month and a half before I update again! :)

No comments: