Saturday, May 8, 2010

Vintage Sheet Swap

I recently signed up on Flickr to participate in the Vintage Sheet Patchwork Swap.  Each participant sends in fat quarters cut from vintage sheets, and receives an assortment of fat quarters in return.

I finally was able to divide my sheets up, and I've now got my stacks ready to go!  I just need to drop these in the mail on Monday.  I really hope everyone likes them.  I think the florals are really pretty.  And the pattern on the bottom left, and bottom right, both have butterflies on them, which I just love!  I can't wait to see what I get in return.  I am sending in around 45 fat quarters, so I should be receiving that many in return. I can't wait to see what I get!!

Vintage Sheet Swap

At this point my plan is to make a simple patchwork squares quilt with whatever I receive in return.  I saved one whole sheet, with a small floral print, to use for the backing of whatever I make.  I'm thinking maybe using it as a picnic/outside play blanket.  So excited to see what is coming my way.

No comments: