Sunday, November 1, 2009

Swappy McSwaperson

That's me!  Today I managed to swap away the majority of my Flea Market Fancy blue seeds for 19, yes you heard correctly, that's 19 fat quarters of various other FMF prints.  I'm going to drop all the fabric in the mail tomorrow and I should be getting my fabrics sometime soon.  I'm so excited! 

In other news, I finally gave the new machine a whirl today.  I sewed a little on a couple of scraps just to try it out.  It's so smooth, so quiet, and so FAST! I can't believe how different it feels from my old machine.  I can't wait to really use it, it seems like it's going to make everything so much easier!  Hopefully soon I'll have some pictures of a new project.

Right now I'm trying to decide which quilt to make next.  Since I finished the receiving blanket quilt I haven't started one.  I started a couple of Christmas coasters and the Village Frock.  Both are in progress, but I've been waffling on which quilt to do next. I want to do a coin quilt with one of my jelly rolls, a dresden plate with another, a hexagon Grandmother's Garden type hand-pieced quilt with the third, and then I have another charm pack that is intended for either a pinwheel or hourglass pattern.  Decisions decisions!  I want to make a baby sized quilt for some friends who are expecting, who I thought by now would know the sex to help me narrow down my selection, but they told us recently they don't intend to find out.  So now I have to come up with something unisex.  No big deal, but just adds another layer of decision making to the whole project!  I need to hurry up and pick something out!

Coming up next, Sunday Stash...

2 comments:

sewtakeahike said...

I'm so glad you're loving your machine Jennifer! It really helps the sewing mo-jo to have a machine you love!

Anonymous said...

I totally know where you're coming from about not knowing what to do next. There's so many fab quilt ideas out there, it makes it so hard to narrow them down to what to work on next!
I like your range of ideas though. I did a coin quilt recently and it came together really, really quickly so that's a good one if you're in a hurry.
And there's nothing to say you can't have more than one on the go at once :) How about making both a machine pieced and quilted one and the hand pieced hexagon one? Then when you find time for quilting, you can choose the project to suit your mood?!