Saturday, October 24, 2009

Score!

So I stopped into the local fabric store today to browse around.  I went there for the first time a few weeks ago and was totally overwhelmed by the huge selection! I bought a few things and wanted to go back for a more leisurely stroll through.

I had noticed last time, tucked back in a little corner, a nice selection of American Jane Recess fabrics.  Near the end of my shopping trip today, I wandered back into that corner to have another looksee. I bought a Recess jelly roll recently and thought I might pick out some yardage of one of the fabrics to use as the centers in the dresden plate quilt I'm thinking of using it for.

Well, guess what I found?  Tucked in between all the bolts, I see this:






Flea Market Fancy by Denyse Schmidt - Blue Seeds

Can you believe it?  5.75 yards of FMF goodness.  I couldn't believe my luck.  I snatched it right up, took it to the cutting counter, asked them to measure how much was on the bolt, then said that I'd take it all.  Plus I got 20% off with my frequent buyer membership! (Although their prices are a little higher so it pretty much evens out to normal retail.)

I'm hoping to keep some for myself, use some for swaps to get some other yummy fabrics, and then maybe give some away here in a giveaway.  So everyone keep your eyes peeled here...

2 comments:

sewtakeahike said...

that is an awesome score!!! I really hope you did keep some of this for yourself Jennifer, this has been the print that I've had the hardest time finding! Thank-you so much for swapping with me!

christine said...

oh my... you lucky, lucky girl.
i just wiped a tear from my eye.
do you have any left to swap?
books or fabric or both.
or not. that's okay too.